This post from St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA logo on toothpaste tubes and dental floss containers, but what else do you know about this organization?
The ADA’s self-proclaimed objective is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local societies. It was founded in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a validation of the claims made by that product. Companies who want the ADA seal must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA credential.
The ADA does more than analyze dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to carry out its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to maximize access to dental care
- Offers counsel on essential issues that affect the dental industry
- Works with with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
At St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD, we offer general and family dentistry, treatment for issues like sleep apnea, and many other services. Schedule your next cleaning and checkup with us today.
Contact St. Mary’s Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):