Here is some critical news for anyone who cares about their dental health: periodontal disease, or gum disease, is a primary cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is associated with heart disease. At St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD, this problem is easy to treat if it is discovered in the early stages.
What warning signs should you be looking for?
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- Your bite changes or your teeth suddenly don’t seem to fit together
- Gums that are pulling away from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
Hopefully, you are not experiencing any of these things. If you are not removing plaque from between your teeth, however, your gums are at risk. Brushing alone is not adequate—make sure you floss daily.
Regular check-ups is another critical weapon in the fight against gum disease.
At St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD, we take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have an attractive smile and healthy gums. We provide gum disease treatment and general dentistry. Make an appointment today.
Contact St. Mary’s Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):