We treat all of our patients royally at St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD, but some receive actual crowns. Not what a king or queen wears, but porcelain crowns for their teeth.
Porcelain crowns are a cap placed over a tooth to preserve and protect it. They are a remedy for a host of problems:
- To protect a weak tooth from decay, breaking, or to hold together a cracked tooth.
- To cover and provide durability to a tooth with a large filling and little tooth structure remaining.
- To restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To brighten a tooth that is too small or misshapen.
- To cover a tooth with extreme discoloration.
- To add strength to a tooth following a root canal.
Dental crowns cover the entire visible portion of a tooth above the gumline. When done properly, theycan last many years. They’re a terrific way to guard your teeth and brighten your smile.
Millions of people the world over have had a dental crown placed over one or more of their teeth. At St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD, we also provide such cosmetic dentistry as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers. We also practice general and family dentistry. Call our office to schedule an appointment.
Contact St. Mary’s Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):